Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Star Trek - 2009

Just needed to put up a note about the latest movie I saw in the theater. JJ Abrams actually put out one hell of a movie, IMHO - which was a bit of a shock to me. Granted, I went in with low expectations so I wouldn't be let down, but that worked out well.

The wife and I saw Star Trek our last night in Vegas (I know, I know - why see a movie in Vegas - you can see a movie anywhere - but Amber and I don't exactly get to see each other lately - she has been out west in Wyoming for work most of this year).

The actors chosen to play the original cast did so almost perfectly, Bones being the one that stays in memory. He made you feel it was a young DeForest Kelley doing the work that made him famous. The humor thrown in as well as the drama and effects were great - the time flew by, which is great for a movie that clocks in at just over 2 hours.

And for all the sci-fi geeks out there, the new timeline approach for the storyline gives us the chance to enjoy original characters in a whole new way for the rest of time - err...well - MY lifetime at least. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home